10 rules to make a great dashboard or homepage
I wrote a post on the Meniga blog (since then removed) about 10 rules or ways to build a great dashboard for online banks.
Although some of them are specific to the financial world most of them are guides that you could use for pretty much any dashboard or any homepage for that matter.
- Just because you can doesn’t mean you should
- Think about mobile first
- Identify the top tasks
- Analyze the behavior
- Spend 80% of your time on 20% of your features
- Bring out the message and task at hand
- Help customers understand their finances
- Adapt to your customer
- Test your users and test them often
- Don’t fear change